Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Good Podcasts

A friend of a friend was complaining that the podcast universe was full of dross. I have to agree with him, but would also say that there's some good stuff out there. You just have to look for it, and once you find it, it's worth it.

Some of the podcasts I like:

Comedy 365 - a British couple who's skylarking often makes me choke on my toothbrush in the morning. Look for the "Sowerby & Luff" podcasts in particular.

CBC - still catching up, the only podcast worth listening to so far is Quirks & Quarks. It is my fervent hope that they'll get their act together and start podcasting much more in the near future.

NPR - puts out several podcasts. The two that I listen to are the 7am New Summary, and Story of the Day.

Slate Magazine - also puts out several podcasts, including the Slate Explainer & Slate Magazine podcasts.

The Signal - for all us FireFly & Serenity fans.

The World: Technology from BBC/PRI/WGBH - recent topics include glowing pigs, flood control technology, & Bush's domestic eavesdropping program.

Have fun, and if you have any favourite podcasts of your own, please share!

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see (hear?) the 'Ideas' series from CBC, so I can listen at leisure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home