Sunday, January 22, 2006

Riding with Rilke

I got a couple of great books for Christmas, including "Riding with Rilke", which I just finished reading. Recommended if you're into books & motorcycles - I suspect there are many more than anybody realizes out there. I had a chance to meet the author, Ted Bishop, briefly at the Calgary Motorcycle Show a couple of weekends ago. I've always wanted to write a book. I hope I don't have to nearly kill myself before I have something to write about.

I wish I'd had more time to talk with him - you'd think it would be just a simple courtesy to let a customer know that the show closes in 1/2 hour *before* they drop $25 on tickets? Grrr. I hate the Calgary Stampede Board. When they burn in hell, I'll try to help them out by pissing on their collective graves. In my opinion, they are simply bullies, and will be second up against the wall when the revolution comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home