Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Creative Thinking Techniques

A major part of my job is listening, which I admit is something I have to work at. Some people literally bore me to catatonia. It's hard to paying attention to what they're actually saying while I'm struggling to keep my eyes from rolling into the back of my head, even when what they're saying is important. I even went on a three-day course to learn how to listen.

The other major part of my job is problem solving. Actually, I don't solve many problems. Rather I coach other people to solve them. So I was grateful to stumble across this page of creativity techniques. Some of them even have creative names like "Six Thinking Hats" and "Snowball Technique".

Another tool in my chest.

Er, never mind. That sounds like somebody buried a hatchet in my sternum . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home