Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Unwritten Rules Written Down

There is the reason I'll never be a CEO. I'll never put myself in a position where I'll be working 14-hour days & every second weekend. I'm OK with that.

I would, however, like to work for a guy like this. Not because he would understand the phrase "work/life balance", but because he sounds like he knows what he's doing, and he seems to genuinely care about his people. My favourite of his unwritten rules:

6. Work for a boss with whom you are comfortable telling it like it is. Remember that you can't pick your relatives, but you can pick your boss.

17. Promises, schedules, and estimates are important instruments in a well-ordered business.

18. Never direct a complaint to the top. A serious offense is to "cc" a person's boss.

21. Don't get excited in engineering emergencies. Keep your feet on the ground.

25. Have fun at what you do. It will reflect in your work. No one likes a grump except another grump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home