Monday, April 03, 2006

Emergency Power

The last time I bought a gas-powered lawnmower, the second time I used it I hit a water shut-off valve left protuding by the City of Calgary in my front yard & bent the axle. I straightened it out with a five pound sledge, but it still vibrates like a . . .

. . . well, this blog is "G" rated, so I'll let you come up with your own metaphor. Let's say that that resulting vibration is not pleasant. Not good for the motor either, I'm sure. Maybe I can use it for a generator before it dies completely. I'm not sure building your own emergency power generator is worth it to buy a motor new given the price of emergency generators these days, but together with Learning to Weld it would make a neat project. You could probably pick up the alternator at the junk yard for cheap anyway.

Here's a riddle: what's yellow & black & sleeps four? A City of Calgary utility workers truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home