Monday, February 19, 2007

Restaurant Review -- Majuru Sushi

One Word Reveiw: Good

One Sentence Review: Authentic, friendly, fresh -- definitely a nice quiet place to get some good sushi for those in the know.

I was out and about for the Chinese New Year yesterday, heading down to Chinese Cultural Centre and stopping at some of the second-hand bookstores along the way. A pleasant day with my two girls. I'd never been here before, and my usual Centre Street sushi place was closed for the provincial long weekend. So we stopped in to give it a try.

The place is small and neat, and doesn't feel crowded. There are a couple of private booths along the side, and lots of light from the front windows. We had a couple of lunch specials, a vegatable roll and a bowl of "sticky rice" for Nichole the eleven-year-old. Also Ebi Tempura. Victoria's big on shrimp.

The soup was good -- I usually don't like the watery, bitter miso that most places seem to serve. All the food was served promptly, fresh and tasty. The sushi and sashimi was generous (a touch colder than I like, but what can you do -- those darn health inspectors), and the presentation was well laid out. Victoria even noticed that they made it look pretty.

The best part? I love finding a good place my other sushi snob friends haven't discovered yet. I'm so going to lord it over them

Address:
919C Centre Street NW (around the corner from the Starbucks, just before you go down the hill and into downtown)

Phone: (403-276-8008)


p.s. Victoria says thanks for keeping her purse safe when she left it behind, and for returning it in perfect condition.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home