Thursday, February 15, 2007

Best Rant Ever

Some guy I've never heard of, but it's the best rant ever. Joel Johnson takes a wack with a big stick at gadget makers, reviewers, and even the consumers that always have to buy the latest & greatest, and therefore support a ever-churning compost heap of crap. The title of his well written and funny hate missile is "Consumer electronics are a joke. It's everyone's fault but mine. You assholes."

...and you know what? He's right. I dropped my Palm T3 one too many times and broke it (again), and I've been using an old old old Zire 31 ever since. You know what? It works just fine. The only thing it doesn't have that I wish it did is a voice memo recorder, but for the $500 upgrade, it can wait. A long long long time.

An excerpt to whet your appetite:

"While we're on the subject of your torpid, irresponsible copy, stop calling stuff "*tastic." Especially "geektastic," your slackest-jawed portmanteau. Would you drop that bon mot to a woman you were trying to hit on in real life? Of course you would, because I know you guys, and you're dorks."

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Karl Plesz said...

Yeah, I caught excerpts from this rant myself and I really need to take the time to read it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home