Sunday, January 21, 2007

Movie Review -- Volver

Went to see "Volver" last night -- good little art-house film. It's about a mother who's not just a mother, two fathers who are not fathers, and a ghost who's not a ghost. Well plotted, acted, and directed well enough to keep one interested all the way through. I can't decide if it's a drama, a mystery, or a comedy. And guys, just in case you think this is just a chick flick just 'cause there aren't any car chases or fight scenes, the director throws in a couple of rich visual tableaus. Of course, he's going to make you squirm emotionally for them first.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and by rich visual tableaus, you mean.... racks.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Bernie May said...

Um, yeah. Kind of hard to avoid the way he just lays them out for supper, so to speak.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Karl Plesz said...

I it my imagination, or does Bernie seem............ I don't know...... enamoured with Penelope Cruz?

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Bernie May said...

She's a good actress, OK? That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home