Saturday, December 10, 2005

Hitchhikers Guide Text Game On-line

I remember playing this game off a 5.25" floppy in University. (Yes, in case you were wondering, I also remember punch cards. Don't know what a punch card is? Punk.)

Anyway, this was the ne-plus-ultra of text based games in its time, and now BBC has got it on-line for you to play and enjoy. Hint: the bulldozer won't really run you over.

Here's something that bugs me: how come BBC and NPR have got their on-line act together, and CBC can't organize a drunk in brewery? I'm thinking specifically podcasting here, but there are other examples.

3 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who you calling punk!

hehe
K

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Bernie May said...

OK, you want to know how far back I go? I remember that my Mom once took a job as a punch card entry clerk. This is in the days when it was a primary method of data entry. She would bring home the waste punch cards, and we would make flowers and wreaths out of them, spray paint them the appropriate colours, and hang them up on festive occasions. I also remember playing in my Dad's office on his teletype machine, before fax machines came along. Pfhhht! :-P

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Karl Plesz said...

Yeah, I remember the punch cards. My dad used them in his work. He got all nervous whenever I got close to a stack of cards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home