Friday, March 16, 2007

Movie Review -- Bridge to Terabithia


One Word Review: Sniff!

One Sentence Review: Peek back into the emotional life of children -- insightful and heavy with pathos & hope.

My wife dragged me to this movie, and I figured it was going to be one of those skanky "chick flick" that tries to play on emotions like a drunken fiddler on a Halifax Saturday night. I was wrong. It was a beautifully crafted movie, authentic and honest, painful and hopeful all at the same time. I was especially touched by the portrayal of the playground politics, and the dynamics and pain of bullying. Other reviewers have commented on what the movie says about the power of friendship, and others were moved by how tragedy brings the family closer together. I think this is a sign of a good movie, when different people get different things out of it - it has depth.

Unless you're a drunken fiddler in Halifax on a Saturday night, I'd recommend you go see this movie. Otherwise, party on!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home