Thursday, October 12, 2006

Who Concert Review

I know it's been ten days since "The Who" played Calgary, but I thought to put this up for prosterity's sake anyway. It's become a tradition for a big concert (Crosby, Stills & Nash or Santana for example) to be announced in the summer for the fall. Same this year, I bought Cathie tickets for The Who this summer, and they played the Saddledone last week.

Overall it was an excellent show. The crowd was on their feet and singing so loud at some points that it was hard to actually hear the band. That's pretty loud. Then they would play something of their new album, and everybody lost the groove. We knew the good stuff was coming again, so we forgave them because of "who" they were.

The light show was brilliant. I especailly liked the animated & movable screens that really kept the show going. (Me being the geek I am, I spent half the encore trying to figure out how they got them to flip.) My only complaint about it was being blinded at random intervals as the coloured spot lights swept the audience.

Overall, a great concert and well worth the weekly groceries. The kids like mac & cheese anyway. Probably the only chance in my lifetime that I'll be able to see them live - no regrets there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home